If you run a community group, particularly one that provides a service for youngsters or the elderly and you need help with purchasing equipment etc please get in touch. If you are a community worker or a social worker and you have a client who needs some assistance, that cannot be provided by the authorities, we would love to hear from you.
Here are some examples of the help we have provided, we cannot disclose names etc for the obvious reasons.
- Financial support for Jack who has Cerebral Palsey and other special needs to enable him to move into Supported Living Accommodation and purchase furniture, household equipment and white goods.
- Financial support for a Rossington family who required an Ipad for their son who has Autism, members worked with the DMBC Family Support Services on this case.
- Financial support for a Tickhill family by funding the setting up of a Lasting Power of Attorney for health and finance for their disabled son.
- A special pushchair for the child of a Bircotes family who has an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis and required a special Maclaren Major Elite Stroller Pushchair.
- A specially adapted bicycle for a Bircotes child who has spina bifida.
- Financial support for a Rossington man with limited funds to assist with the funeral costs for his recently deceased wife.
- Financial support for a Rossington man following a house fire.
- Support for a community group in Tickhill for the setting up of a series of coffee mornings to support those feeling the impact of isolation.
- Provided and continues to provide ongoing support to a family in Bircotes whose mother has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Financial support for a local secondary school who required warm winter coats for a number of their students.
- Significant financial contributions to a local community garden project in Tickhill, and also to a Heritage Group in Bawtry who are delivering a significant regeneration project in the area.
If you don’t ask, we will not know about you. https://www.local-lions.org/ap...