We are a group of community spirited volunteers who pay an annual fee to be Lions. Our President arranges an annual Dinner and the proceeds from our fees and this dinner cover all our administrative expenses. This means that every penny donated goes to good causes, not to pay our admin and insurance.
We all work tirelessly to raise money for worthy causes such as:
Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice
December 2018 we proudly donated £5,000 to the Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice. We also sought the support of other local Lions clubs and Lion Clubs International who between them contributed a further £11,700 for the refurbishment of family rooms at the hospice.
Donations in the Community
- Tickhill Toddler Group
- Autism Support Group in Rossington
- A bingo club for elderly, socially isolated people in Rossington.
- The Scouts
- Bircotes Swimming Club
- Tickhill Library
- The Firefly Cancer Charity
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- St John’s Hospice
- The Sick Children’s Trust
- The Aurora Centre (for cancer patients)
- Rossington Kick Boxing
- Harworth Dance Group
- Various School Firework Safety Projects
- Art & Craft Centre in Rossington
- Children’s Art Group in Wadworth
Helping community groups and local people, often in great need, are the reason we all became Lions and we could do so much more. Your donations are very much appreciated. Thank You.
We also help many local people in need. Confidentiality prevents us from revealing their details but all donations we make on your behalf are carefully considered.